Plymouth-Canton Community Literacy Council
We are a volunteer, non-profit organization aiming to improve adult literacy in Plymouth-Canton and surrounding areas of Western Wayne County. Our mission is to provide adults in Western Wayne County who have limited English language abilities in developing vital reading, writing, and communication skills to help them participate in the community and reach their potential in life.
English Language Leaners Weekly Meetings Online at Plymouth District Library
Plymouth District Library is offering free online virtual Conversation Groups and Reading Clubs for English Language Learners.
- ELL Conversation Group meets Mondays from 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Sign-Up Here: http://plymouthlibrary.evanced.info/msignup/Details
- ELL Reading Group meets Mondays from 11:00 am - 12::00 noon
Sing-Up Here: http://plymouthlibrary.evanced.info/msignup/Details
Sign-up to receive meeting log-in information.
English Language Leaners Weekly Meetings Online at Canton Public Library
Canton Public Library is offering free online virtual Conversation Groups for English Language Learners via Zoom on Fridays at 10am starting this Friday the 29th. Here is the information on how to connect through Zoom.
Information Services is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: ELL Conversation groups
Time: May 29, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Friday until Jul 10, 2020, 7 occurrence(s)
May 29, 2020 10:00 AM
Jun 5, 2020 10:00 AM
Jun 12, 2020 10:00 AM
Jun 19, 2020 10:00 AM
Jun 26, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 3, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 10, 2020 10:00 AM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 849 4133 3196
Contact Canton Public Library for additional information: https://www.cantonpl.org/
In 2019, 135 CLC tutors devoted over 9,100 hours to help students:
- Get a Job
- Return to School
- Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Pass the Citizenship Exam
- Talk to your child's teachers
- Talk to your doctor
Become a student
We offer the following services to enhance the lives of individuals in our community:
- One-on-One Tutoring for adults 18 and older who need help with basic reading, writing, English conversation, or English as a Second Language (ESL). Click here to register for a one-on-one tutor.
- Conversation Groups for adults learning to speak English as a second language. Click here for printable copy of conversation groups and book clubs.
- ELL Book Clubs for English language learners looking to improve their reading and conversation skills by discussing articles and books.
- ESL Classes located at Starkweather Academy, Miller Elementary, and Connection Church. Registration is required. Click here for more information.
Select Community Literacy Council as your charity and Amazon will donate to CLC when you shop.
Check this out...
Community Literacy Council is featured on WDET 101.9 FM.
Here is the link to the journalism piece created by Feature Reporter Laura Herberg: